Monday, July 9, 2012

Not the worst Monday ever.

This one wasn't too shabby! We'll pretend I didn't take a really dumb way to work as I experiment with the best route to the new office which is right smack in the middle of no-highway-even-close-to-here-construction-zone. There is a Pizza Hut nearby, but who does that help? No one. Anyway even though I was a bit late, I got a ton of things accomplished, we had a reasonable staff meeting, and now I'm home with the AC on, blogging the night away with you.

It looks a little like this except I have red hair and wouldn't be caught dead in a Snuggie.

Did you know there are superhero Snuggies? Sheesh.




EXERCISE
I figure if I'm not going to exercise (and I'm apparently not until it gets cooler outside) I should at least watch what I'm eating. Yesterday's post went over some of my good grocery choices, and here's how I used them to make a delicious and satisfying meal for dinner:

Golden beets make everything taste better.

I had vegan Split Pea with Rosemary soup that I bought for $8.99 a quart. I figure I'll get four servings out of it so that's pretty reasonable considering I didn't have to buy any herbs or mess around with a blender which I somehow don't own after giving the regular and immersion versions away. Hmmm. Prepared soup it is! I also had a light salad of romaine hearts and grape tomatoes with just a squeeze of lemon juice, a drop of olive oil, and salt and pepper. I nuked a golden beet and sliced it up before treating it pretty much the same as the salad except I used apple cider vinegar instead of lemon juice. On the side were some on-sale strawberries. Bonus: I didn't even miss the bread I would normally eat with soup. If I had to guess (and I do have to, because I'm too lazy to look it all up), this meal was probably about 400 calories or less and had almost no fat in it. SCORE!

Health Tip of The Day: See above. Eat yummy things pulled out of the ground with very little done to them and you will be happy. Especially in the summer.
[Note regarding beets in the microwave: Cut them in half and put them cut-side down in a pyrex dish and check them with a fork every two minutes. Don't microwave whole or they will hiss and spit, which is RUDE, as Toni would say.]

****************************

ISLAM
I'm working on the surah I introduced the other day, Surat Quraysh. Here's the youtube video again for those who are also lazy like me and don't want to click back to another post to see/hear it:



Not much to say here. I am hoping to have this one in the bag by the end of the week so I can get one more in over the weekend/early next week. Ramadan starts in about 10 days, people!!!

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment